Saturday, August 18, 2007

Switches and VTP Trunking!!

changed pick as of: 12/16/2007::
If you can see I have many cables. I made my own cross-over cables. Else I would have paid 25.00 USD for each cross-over. Noway! For that price, makes and IT person want to make their own cables. And I do. Screw that price. I am IT and I make my own! Well any ways. I have all these cables connecting to my switches so VLAN informatin and be posted to each switch. From the bottom up I have 2924, 2950, 1900, 1900. The 1900 have the CLI and menu system. I dont like the menu system. I love CLI. So what I do is create a VTP domain and have each above switch become a client. And config VTP trunking on all switchports to allow VLAN database to be reproduced on all switches. Cool huh! Yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo ITDaddy. I came across your posts on the techexams forum. I like your crazy ass style, and I think you might be able to help me from time to time as I pursue the CCNA. Hopefully I can return the favor.

By the way, I like the sounds of "ginko bilboa". It sounds like a kickin' combo of Rocky Balboa and Ginkgo Biloba. Wa-bam! Sign me up. Personally I'm a "Monster" drinker. Try the M-80 version. It will light you up.

Anonymous said...

Ive seen you around techexams, we should get together and discuss lab setups. I set up an irc channel on freenode ##ccna