Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My Network Map of my Home Lab CCNA 802 - Tight!!!







This is my sweet network map of home CCNA lab. I have a home network and a CCNA lab to play on. I use a 2511 access router made by cisco systems to manage all my cisco devices. I work a Frame Relay Switch which is the big red symbol device in the middle of the Frame cloud as it is called. Can burst from 1 byte to 1.544 Mbps. To the upper left is my ISDN simulator. It would be nice to have a home ISDN simulator but they cost from 500.00 USD (cheap) to 1,000s USD. So I decided to buy Boson Netsim 7.0 for 200.00 USD which should do the trick. Notice I have VTP trunking on my switches and I have a Etherchannel going on there as well. I can access my entire system from the outside world. I used a outside DNS servers that costs me only like 125.00 to run public sites. And helps get gain access to my system from anywhere in the world. This has been my goal as an IT professional. To truely understand how to travers the "TCP/IP" world. But just when I think I have learned enough, there is always more I do not know. Which make my career fun, sad at times, exhausting at times but well worth it. Very exciting underworld I call it. CLI --- Love it!


--- IT daddy out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool setup.

I've got 3x2610, 1x2503, 1x2521(frame switch), 2x2924xls, 1x1900 and isdn sim, and 2 servers.